Exhibits and displays depicting:
- Andersen's life and work
- Jenny Lind, the beloved singer known throughout the world as "the
Swedish Nightingale" Andersen's unrequited love
- Jean Hersholt, Hollywood philanthropist, Dr. Christian of radio fame,
noted Andersen scholar
- Model of Andersen's childhood home.
- "The Princess and the Pea" model by local artist Carl Jacobson
- Handcrafted Andersen doll, complete with miniature book, designed and
made by Danish doll maker Kirsten Gynther Eriksen
- Antique tools for making wooden shoes (similar to those used by
Hundreds of volumes of Andersen's tales
- Many first and early editions
- Many illustrated editions, including Edmund Dulac, W. Heath Robinson,
Kate Greenaway, Hans Tegner, Anne Anderson and a special exhibit of Danish illustrator Kay
- Many in Danish, including beautifully bound sets and individual volumes.
Other Literary Works
- Andersen also wrote travel journals, plays, novels, poetry
Original letters and photographs
- Poetry and correspondence written in Andersen's spidery script
- Photographs of Andersen at various times of his life
- Whimsical, delicate cutouts were created by Andersen for the amusement of friends and
- Our logo is a figure by Andersen, representing the classic pantomime character Pierrot.